Youth Mental Health
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to adolescents (ages 12-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Who should take this training?
• School staff
• Camp counselors
• Youth group leaders
• People who work with youth
What does the training cover?
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illnesses in this age group, including:
• Eating Disorders
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
• How to interact with an adolescent in crisis.
• How to connect the adolescent with help.
Cost of training:
1-20 trainees: $1,150
21-40 trainees: $1,550